The Rotary District Conference & Assembly (DCA) is very important in the Rotary calendar. With less than 100 days to go, the clock is ticking.
The DCA 9212 Registration committee has released a list of the TOP ten clubs with the highest registration. Is your Club in this list?
- RC Nairobi East – 26
- RC Karen – 15
- RC Milimani – 15
- RC Nairobi – 12
- RC Muthaiga – 10
- RC Langata – 9
- RC Westlands – 9
- RC Hurlingham – 8
- RC Machakos – 8
- RC Kikuyu – 7
Kisumu has as of this date 79 hotels with five star luxurious hotels within the reach of the Conference and and boasts of its unique manmade canoes used for fun fishing and rides to the islands within. The weather is undoubtedly the most accommodating for all types of visitors who include conference tourists, family and your young ones.
What are you waiting for? Register HERE!
Purpose of a DCA
The purpose of the district conference is to provide opportunities for networking, inspirational addresses, and discussions of Rotary-related matters. The event should recognize the service programs, projects, and public relations achievements in the district in order to inspire Rotarians to become more involved in service.
The conference should also give Rotarians and clubs a vision of Rotary beyond the club level and provide a memorable fellowship experience. Many Rotarians have said that they were never truly enthusiastic about Rotary until they saw an inspirational presentation at a district conference.
What to expect
At a minimum, your district conference program/itinerary should address the following:
- Schedule the RI president’s representative’s two conference addresses and the brief remarks at the end of the conference.
- Discuss and adopt the audited financial statement from the previous Rotary year.
- Approve the district levy, if it was not approved at the district assembly or presidentselect training seminar.
- Elect the district’s representative to the Council on Legislation, during the Rotary year two years before the Council meets, if the district chooses not to use the nominating committee procedure.
- Elect the member of the nominating committee for the RI Board of Directors, as appropriate for your zone.